We have a lot going on in this week:
- Reading and discussing Baron’s “From Pencils to Pixels…” (please post a question/passage before class in your group’s shared Google Doc per usual)
- Watching and reading some things together in class. Thinking about new literacies
- Doing some synthesis work with Szwed, Williams, Brandt, Baron…asking: what do you know about literacy studies as of now?
- Prepping for book club work the following week, including joining a G+ community (see more info below)
- IF YOU HAVE A LAPTOP, PLEASE BRING IT. YES, I AM YELLING THIS. 😉 Or, tell me you need one so I can grab one for you.
In my other classes, I’ve been using G+ as a way to facilitate conversations. The students and I are liking it better than a shared Google Doc for collaboration and discussions. So, I’d like us to try it out for our book club work. Here are the steps and it would be cool if you tried to join G+ before class tomorrow so we can try out posting in class:
1) Log in to your Google Drive or Wildcat Mail first. LINK HERE
2) Once logged in to Google, then click on our class G+ LINK HERE to become a member of our group.